- Don’t panic
- The baby isn’t going to be predictable
- Sleep – take it when you can
- Buy a shed load of nappies, you won’t use that many but make sure they are to hand, what my daughter can produce in a nappy isn’t something you will want to look at for any length of time.
- Wet wipes, there are some that are “new born friendly” they are far nicer than cotton wool to use.
- Keep her cooler in the day so she is a little more awake, and wrap her tightly at night (not too tight, but tight enough so she can feel it, I usually tuck it under her)
So a week in and it has to be said that my wife is exhausted and I have had to return to work.